Tuesday 26 March 2013

Arzoo;

So what took a total of 20 hours of commuting to and from airports trains buses and planes I find myself sitting in my friends room in Berlin using his computer(because mine broke down) writing this blog entry. Looks like I have made it. The realization will take sometime to sink deeper in but it will eventually and hasnt as of right now. In this epic(only because it happened to me) journey I met someone about whom I will like to write about. but not how I see them but how it happened to me

So I land at Dusseldorf airport, a big airport( not using "huge" because I haven't seen lot of other airports and hence have little basis for comparison. So I land, have the customs people see my passport(which is exactly what they did, they see it and stamp it that's it) and then I know I have to call 2 places. Firstly I have to call back home telling them I have reached here and secondly I call Waleed because he needs to know about my flight but I don't know how to call either of the places. So I stumble upon a bar/coffee shop/bakery at the airport. I look at one of the two girls sitting there and I ask "sprechen sie englisch?" to which she says "yes I speak English German and Hindi". I am surprised and I resort to talking to her in Urdu only to find out later that although her German and English are fluent and perfect, she needs to work on her Urdu/Hindi. She seems very chirpy funny is an excellent conversationalist very helpful and may I add "extremely good looking" She tells me she speaks in those languages studies and has parents which are Afghanis. She seems to like talking to me( but certainly not as much as I like talking to her) In my heart of hearts I am thinking of asking her to get me coffee to buy time but I have important calls to make and I cant waste time like this. But in a minute or two she brings me coffee herself and happily proclaims that "Its on the house". I am pleasantly surprised. I spend another 10 mins talking to her about random things about how I can make the calls and then I get up and leave never to see or meet her ever again.
There is something about people whom you just meet and click with and know will never meet again. Its the most wonderful of encounters and no words can describe them. They can only be lived


No comments:

Post a Comment