Sunday 21 April 2013

The Berliner Dome


Not being a Christian is no reason for me to not visit, with some consistency, this beautiful building called the Berliner Dome near Alexanderplatz Berlin. Today was the third consecutive Sunday that i went there for service( if I go at other times I will be charged for it ). I could tell the reader some details about the dome but I will not dare because the internet definitely has more literature on the subject. 


I cant help but notice the remarkable similarities that exist between all religions around the world. The "liturgist" of the church spoke about so many things that I can personally relate to being raised as a practising Muslim that I was. The "prayer" at the end of the sermon is the same, asking for suffering of different people to alleviate, the sick to be cured and the hope that the heavenly father will forgive us our sins. The church has an organ and when it plays it creates an aura of religious fervour which is quite missing in mosques.

"In these secular times" and in this city I find it quite hard to believe that people still follow religions so avidly as they do. It comes as a startling "revelation" to me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment