Monday 13 May 2013

Pakistan General Elections 2013

So the Pakistan general elections took place on the 11th of May 2013. and unsurprisingly for most people , the PMLn came out on top with a clear margin in Punjab. Pti would form government inx KPK and Karachi as usual fell prey to the MQM.

I dont want to focus much on what happened but only what the repercussions as per me could be. PTIs chief and former captain Pakistan cricket team is given one province to show what he can do. Social media, in fact Facebook had been simmering with support for PTI which didn't really translate into IKs victory. Its quite understandable because a vast majority of Pakistan does not have access to clean drinking water let alone internet and Facebook and the views reflected on my Facebook timeline are anything but representative of the general population of Pakistan.

One thing I would like to point out is that it saddens me when people express their support or resentment towards a party by bringing up things that have nothing to do with the partys manifesto at all. Like the hair on Mr Nawaz Sharifs head( or lack thereof) or the "face" of Imran Khan.

But then I see this behaviour exists in a vast array of other things we do as well. It is quite sad and uncalled for. and I hope it ends

No comments:

Post a Comment