Wednesday 19 June 2013

On things that are the same.

So I have come a long way since being the guy who just moved into a new place a new country and the culture. I cant say I feel at home right now but things are gradually been getting better. Berlin is still being explored. In my defence, its a large city, it takes a while to visit stuff.

There are many things which are culturally different but I dont want to talk about differences . What I do want to talk about are similarities. Not the big ones, the obvious ones but the little ones, the subtle ones. The ones that rarely matter.

I feel three things are very similar everywhere. Because all three are in the most raw forms that they can be, Unfettered by training indoctrination and teaching. They exist in the rawest of forms imaginable. and those three things are dogs , trees and babies. Dogs and babies are pretty cool creatures. The don t care how you look or talk or what you wear or whether you have a nice haircut or have an extra linb dangling by your side. because they have not learnt to not like it. No one has told them anything "yet". Well babies will grow up to be fully conscious of these differences I suppose. But dogs will always be dogs. They love you no matter what. What a pure form of form they show.

The thing about trees is that they are the same. the look the same, feel the same, have the same colour and texture. The feel about them and around them is the same. Its difficult to tell where you are when you are around trees. and dogs and babies ofcourse

No comments:

Post a Comment